My name is Lulu, and I am a 16 years old. I am pregnant, and will be giving my daughter up for adoption. This blog will chart my journey from finding out I'm pregnant, to giving birth and beyond. I came up with this idea when I was too lazy to make a written journal. :)

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Meeting Ava's parents.

Ever since Sean and I chose Christina and Daniel as the adoptive parents, meeting them really scared me. I'd never talked to them before, and had only seen a few pictures and such from the profiles we got from the adoption agency. Walking into the room, my heart was beating so fast I felt like it was going to burst out of my chest. I knew Sean was feeling the same way I did, and we just squeezed each others hand and held on for the ride.
When I saw them for the first time, I felt like turning around and heading back home. Calling off this whole thing, and saying that I want Ava and I'm keeping her.
But once Christina hugged me and gave me this huge and wonderful smile, so happy that I was giving her this gift, I knew there was no way that I could do that. I reminded myself that it was what I had to do, and that it was for Ava.
Talking with them, and feeling like everything would work out made me feel so much better. I feel so much better and confident about this choice after meeting her parents. I know that they are going to give her a fantastic life, and love her SO much.

No comments:

Post a Comment